Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Time to unlock those iPhones (legally!)


A recent discussion and law passed on 'digital rights' from the Library of Congress, acknowledging the legitimacy of unlocking and jailbreaking cellphones.

Even now, Apple frowns on the jailbreaking of its iphones by voiding warranties and refusing to help solve technical issues for the customers. However, this 'freeing' of cellphones from parent companies and cellphone service providers is officially a legal activity even though it has never been actually illegal.

This is a great step for the American public towards gaining more upper-hand in the monopolistic battle between the customers and the service providers. Unlike the majority of the world, American providers lock their cellphones for specifically their own service, as opposed to having unlocked phones in which one can freely choose which service to use.

Cellphone recyclers like ourselves will become more valuable as people become more aware of the option to buy any phone and then choose their service.

3 comments:

mintradz said...

I guess this is one of the reason why the sales of Apple iPhone bloated few times than the usual sales. More of the consumers are quite skeptical on buying high-end products that's why the word "unlock" become a hindrance on the side of the buyers.

Unknown said...

I read this blog, very nice article and content..i like this page.
Click here for Panasonic laptops

Unknown said...

Yes. The happy news is mobile phones can be unlocked legally. Recently I unlocked my iPhone without any hassle. I unlocked my iPhone using remote unlocking service. I got the remote unlocking service for my iPhone from Mobile-Unlocker.Com at affordable cost. I also got the free unlocking instructions for my iPhone from MobileUnlockGuide.Com it was very useful for me.